Thursday 8 May 2014

Studio Brief 3: Alternative Movie Poster Self Evaluation

Self- Evaluation:
  • How did you approach the brief? - I approached this brief in all honest with not much enthusiasm. This is my own fault as I didn't expect the film to be any good with it being so old and I had difficulty finding it to watch. It is only when I start designing for it that I really got in to it and properly enjoyed it.
  • What was your thought-process behind the brief? - My thought-process was to look at previous posters done for it and do it differently. I wanted to produce an image which encompasses the meaning or the whole story which previous posters hadn't done. 
  • What worked?/What was Good? - What was good was producing the visuals for the posters and coming up with ideas. I have never worked with different colour tones and I found it very exciting to produce the work using this. 
  • What didn't work?/ What was Bad? - I had difficulty producing the 4 aces card poster as I couldn't get the placement or the coloration right. I kept having to experiment with it but I found it difficult to make any of the information sit right.
  • What would you change?- If I was to change it, I would perhaps change my 4 aces poster as I feel that the black colour might slightly be overwhelming the lighter colours. Also, I would probably produce some more posters because I really enjoyed the whole process of this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment