Sunday 11 May 2014

Studio Brief 1: Chester Zoo Research Book Evalaution

Self- Evaluation:
  • How did you approach the brief? - I was apprehensive to start this brief because I don't tend to make books or publications so this was going to be out of my comfort zone. I wanted to take this as a learning opportunity however, so I was excited to be trying something new and expand my horizons
  • What was your thought-process behind the brief? - My thought-process was to produce a flip up book that could be sold or given out at Chester Zoo so that it could be read when going around the zoo. The format was to be A5 so that it could be easily carried around without being heavy or in the way.
  • What worked?/What was Good? - What was good was the fact that I got the opportunity to learn how to do Perfect Binding and have the chance to put different binding methods into practise. I have always done away with not doing this in previous briefs and I felt it was time that I tried to do it for myself. 
  • What didn't work?/ What was Bad? - The layout was bad and was an issue in the first place. My own images were not good enough to be used on the final work due to pixelation issues which I was very disappointed about. I had issues with the justification of the text as there was gaps within it which I had trouble fixing. Thats just a few of the problems I had.
  • What would you change?- If I was to change it, I would complete scrap the lot and start again. This may seem drastic but the whole brief went badly for me and I am not at all happy with it. I know I have produced better work than this and, however much I would try and change it, it just wasn't working.  

No comments:

Post a Comment