Tuesday 13 May 2014

Design Practise 2: Final Crit

The first crit we had for this brief I missed due to illness so it was important for me to have this crit so that I could get some feedback in regards to the direction I had gone in.

I brought along all of the mock ups that I had produced so that there was a clear understanding of what I was trying to achieve. Alongside these were some quick design boards just to illustrate what I was trying to do for the brief.

Work ready for Crit
I felt it would be best for me to have some questions ready for the Crit as I wanted to get the most out of the Crit to help me move forward and I always find this is better when I have some questions ready. My questions were: 
  • Which of the logos do you feel is the most appropriate?
  • Which of the masks should I used- Coloured or Branded? Also, is the string appropriate or should I use anything else that would suit the job better?
  • Could you think of any other areas I should consider in regards to collateral for the charity event?

For the Crit, we were to leave our work and questions on the table laid out and everyone in the year walked around the room leaving feedback not on the work.

My Feedback
When I came back, I found that my feedback was mainly positive which I didn't expect, and was relevant to the questions that I asked.

Pretty much all of them said that I should use the third logo apart form one or two which I agree with because it has the most thought and consideration behind it as well as being relevant to the purpose of the event. Plus, as mentioned, it would be easier to scale down as well as not take up as much room as the other logos.

Other feedback was pretty unanimous in regards to having the masks in full colour so I am going to have to include the brand identity or logo in there somewhere so that it is in keeping with the rest of the brand. Many people mentioned that this would be great idea for children and how popular they would be.

Other things that were suggested for collateral which I haven't thought about would be a car sticker which I thought would be a great idea and very relevant to families or maybe colouring books for children. or a leaving good bag that you would get at a children's party. I think if I had the time to expand on the project these would be things that I would definatly include.

Added comments were mainly positive feedback on what I had produced such as the cheesy humorous lines on the bunting and that it was aesthetically looking good. I got some technical feedback as well which I felt was fitting as i am welcome to suggestions. I was suggested to having tryout tints of colour and changing the thickness of my outlines on the animals which I will defiantly do as I think this will help to improve my overall design and give it more individuality.

No comments:

Post a Comment