Wednesday 14 May 2014

PPP2: Review of the Second Year

At the end of last year, I was very worried about going into second year because I had started to find first year quite tough to handle towards the end of the year.

However, from this time last year to now, I have learnt an awful lot.

I have had the chance to try and get involved with a lot of different techniques which I didn't do last year. I took it upon myself to organise and try out new things like ScreenPrinting, Laser cutting, Embossing and Book Binding. These were things which I never even tried to do during first year and felt that it was the right time to have a go at them. I learnt from doing them that physical printing techniques wasn't for me and I got a lot more enjoyment out of doing digital design. Despite this, I felt that these were important techniques to know so that I would be able to further my design and know what I was doing if I felt it was right to include these within a piece of my work.

Something that I wanted to do over the year was learn how to use Photoshop and this is something that I have managed to achieve, slowly being introduced into the simplest processes on the software and now I have started to experiment and continue to learn on it.

On a personal level, this year I have learnt how to try and see the light at the end of the tunnel. I don't mean that in a bad way. I mean that as in I get so stressed when having so many different briefs on and struggling to juggle everything that I sometimes fail to see the good that is coming out of them until I have finished the brief or the module.

After such a busy year which I have found difficult to cope with, I go into the next year with some trepidation.

What I would like to do next year is try and get more confident in my work and produce some more professional looking work. I have slowly been getting better at producing professional presentations and mock ups, working faster at achieving this work and finding briefs which fit my style and interests and I want to build on this.

Another aim for next year is to get a placement. I have had a look at design studios I like the look of and I have started contacting studios along with Emily. This is probably the biggest aim for next year but, like I managed to achieve my aim from last year, I am sure I can do the same again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment