Wednesday 18 February 2015

PPP3: Manifesto Presentation for Second Semester

We have been asked to produce a 5 minute presentation based on where we are currently up to within the year and how we have changed.

I feel like I have changed quite a bit since the beginning of the year so I felt like I should use the previous presentation and show what has and hasn't changed for me. Since I have recently changed and developed my brand identity again, something that has developed and grown, I have decided to use that as the basis of my presentation visual.

I decided that I should reflect on what I had said at the beginning of the year and what is different now.
Manifesto Then and Now
At the beginning, my manifesto was split into two parts and quite vague in regards to what my practice is like. I didn't know what I was or in what direction I was doing into. At this point, my manifesto is very concise and to the point as well as reflective of the style that I have developed so far during third year. I feel more confident in this description because it is still quite open into how I work and what I produce whilst at the same time being direct and reflective of how I have grown.

I decided that I should reflect on the aims that I wanted to achieve at the beginning of the year.
Development Then and Now
At the beginning of the year, I wanted to find my visual identity and graphic style as I had really been struggling with the quality of my work which didn't help my confidence. Also, I had found second year very bad for me so I had wanted a much more fun and engaging year. Not only this but I had a list of things I wanted to improve within my design, such as working on layout and editorial as well as trying some production methods and different audiences to design for. I feel like some of these aspects I have started to improve on, especially my design style and layouts of design boards thereby slowly bettering myself as a designer.

In regards to placements and visits, I have not had that much success so far but I want to show that I have been trying to contact places and getting involved with networking among other studios.

For my briefs for the year, a lot of them I have decided not to do but I haven't decided on what i would like to do them as I want to see the feedback that I get from portfolio surgeries in regards to if there is any type of work that I should include so that I can tailor those briefs to that. For example, Oli at Split Design suggested some more digital work and this opens it up for me to do something specifically for this media.

Finally, I decided to include a short list of what I would like to achieve or have done before the end of the year so that I feel more accomplished and more ready for 'the real world'.

In regards to the presentation itself, I felt that it clarified a lot of the areas that I have been working on this year, in particular my brand identity and the contacting of studios that I have started doing recently. Also, I think it really touches on what Ive noticed about my own practice and how much I've changed this year as I've realised that I have developed so much more in regards to my own personal style of design and my approach to it.

I felt that the presentation itself went well and I discussed all of the points that needed to be covered.

No comments:

Post a Comment