Monday 23 February 2015

Extended Practice Student- Led Crit

This student-led Crit was run by just a small group of us as we felt that we get the best quality feedback from just a small group of people being fully engaged within the Crit.

We went around the table and discussed the problems or indecisions that we had with the projects that we were currently working on and asked questions of the group in relating to the feedback that we specifically wanted.
Idea Development for YCN 
The main thing that I asked about for my crit was the idea that I have for the YCN Save the Children brief. I had briefly spoken to Amber in a progress tutorial about my idea but I wanted some feedback from my peers as well.

I wanted to know if I was justified in answering the brief in the way that I was in the sense that I am not using the branding guidelines provided at all. Those in the crit felt that my idea was very strong and it was a different approach to answering the brief backed up by the research undertaken and provided by Save the Children.
Initial Character Development
Also, I showed the characters that I had started developing at this point and asked about where I should go with them. The group stated that the father and son needed development as they don't come across as friendly, relatable or believable which I agreed with and asked for their opinion in what I could improve on. They said that I needed to get rid of the beard and change the hair of the boy so that they are softer and less serious or cold.

In regards to my Kitty Collateral brief, I asked about the colour scheme that I had selected as I wanted to know that it was appropriate, I was worried that, because it is mainly beige and neutral colours, it would come across as boring or too pale. The feedback I got was that it was about right as it was warm, inviting and, most importantly, homely as well as being a reminder of the cats fur coating.

This crit came at a good time because I needed this reassurance and reference in order to build on my briefs and continue to develop them which the feedback that I have got has really helped in allowing me to move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment