Wednesday 6 November 2013

Studio Brief 1 & 2: Design for Print and Designing for Web Peer Feedback Crits

Instead of having a Studio Session, we took the time to have an Interim Crit with Peer Feedback. I was in Group 1. As a Group, we had to decide how we wanted to organise the Crit and when and how we should give Feedback.

As a Group, everybody wanted to have a Crit on their Design for Print but only a few members wanted a Crit on Designing for Web so we decided to go around the table and do the Design for Print first, have a break and then finish on the Designing for Web. We decided that we would give each other feedback at the end of the presentation and would make notes of Sticky Notes so that each person can keep the Feedback that they receive.


Presenting for Print and my Feedback
I presented my Design Development sheets as well as some of the Development I have been producing Digitally on Illustrator and just gave a general overview as to the concept and how far I had got with it.

The feedback I got from the group was that my concept was very strong and clear but I have to be careful that I don't loose sight of what the Brief is asking me and that I do what the Brief is asking me- to keep referring back. They liked the idea of focusing it towards people like me with little experience as well as towards people on the Digital Games and Animation Course to try and encourage people who would never consider printing to print. A great consideration to have was maybe include Prints you can do at Home within the Pack so that people who don't have access to Print Facilities can be converted too. A good idea given to me for poster advertisements is showing what the world would be like without Printing so that a large mainstream audience would be able to relate to it.

The main piece of advice Ive been given from this was to have a go at some of the processes so that I have some first hand experience as well as get some confidence at something I can't do.


Presenting for Web and my Feedback
After the break, for my Designing for Web, I presented my 3 storyboards and just asked 1 question. I wanted to know from my Crit which website would be the most plausible based on the fact that my main idea was quite ambitious and felt it would be ideal to maybe either condense it down or make it a 'normal' website.

The main point of feedback that I was given was to stick with the 5 page story narrative which was my 2nd Storyboard as it would mean that I would focus it down and have simple amount of information in keeping with my target audience so the website has a strong purpose. It was good that I had considered time restraints and skills in regards to which one to do. Another main piece of feedback was to keep the website very illustrative so it holds children's attention and comes across as quite fun and sweet. The main consensus was to have a moving element or some things which change to keep the attention but not have it apply to all the elements on the website as that would be too difficult.

Overall, I felt that as a group, we managed our Crit very well, with everyone getting as much time as they needed while finishing in the allotted time frame. The peer review could be improved by maybe having them more often throughout the Design Process as I felt it was quite late to be having the 1st Crit. I felt that the group had quite good points to make and defiantly gave me something to think about, especially with my Design for Print but at the same time, gave me some direction for my Designing for Web.

From here, I want to make a start producing my Web Design, drawing out elements of it on Illustrator. For my Design for Print, I want to try out some of the Techniques for myself and do some more research on Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment