Saturday 17 November 2012

Studio Brief: "Message & Delivary- Distribution" Crit and Self- Evalaution

We had to present our fully finished 5 envelopes and mailshots with the Mailing List and lay them out for a different group of people to crit. As we would crit a group of peoples work, they would be critting ours. We did it in pairs which was more comfortable as it allowed us to discuss with someone else what we were thinking.
 
This is the feedback that I got for my work (see pictures):
 
Crit Sheet 1
 
Crit Sheet 2
 
Crit Sheet 3
Some of the feedback I got was quite constructive as I was given suggestions of how I could evolve my project and I got to see how it could be seen from an outside point of view which is something that you can't have when your making it whereas other comments were very dismissive and clearly they hadn't considered any of my previous briefs work and why I had produced what I had produced.

Self-Evaluation:
  • How did you approach the brief? - I approached the brief with the intention that I was going to make my product as similar to the posters I had previously produced as it was a continuation of the previous brief and needed to work as a series. In regards to the product itself, I came up with intiial ideas before settling on a mixture of what I had come up with as a final choice and then set out to make it with as much emphasis on quality as possible.
  • What was your thought-process behind the brief? - With the approach that I intended, my thought process was that I was going to use the same imagery, type, media and processes so that I could answer the brief as much as possible. Due to the fact that I was hand-rendering this mail shot, I wanted to make the product seem so exclusive and full of quality that someone wouldn't want to throw it away and instead would be interested in the reason and message behind it.
  • What worked?/What was Good? - I felt that the imagery of the envelope and the visual aesthetic was very striking despite being a bit morbid and serious in its depiction. It made sure that the mail shot has a very specific identity and targetted a very specific audience.
  • What didn't work?/ What was Bad? -I had quite a bit of feedback saying that the font was illegible which I disagree with as it is legibleand understandable but I can understand that it may be difficult to read on a smaller scale and was better suited on the posters than on the envelopes/mail shots in regards to the size and therefore the readability.
  • What would you change?- I would prehaps change the mail shot and maybe make something bigger which has more information on it and that addresses the audience more personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment