Tuesday 13 November 2012

Studio Brief: "Alphabet Soup: Illustrator" Brief Evaluation

Self-Evaluation:
  • How did you approach the brief? -I approached the brief with the ideal that I would try and make the alpabet in the most simple way possible with maximum communication and minimum fuss as I don't have alot of expereince with using the Illustrator programme.

  • What was your thought-process behind the brief? - My thought-process was to trace an original letter so that it would give me a template to work from. I wanted my letters to be consistant in style and appearance and therefore this was a top priority in regards to my thought-process.

  • What worked?/What was Good? - The detail that I have managed to put in the letters without overcomplicating the concept is what I like most about my alphabet and was probably the biggest success of my brief. Also, I like the grid that I managed to produce after having several attempts because it made my final alphabet alot cleaner and aided the clarity of the typeface.

  • What didn't work?/ What was Bad? -What didn't work was the original design that I came up with for the typeface as the grid was too confined and the letterforms were inconsistant which meant that, on the whole, it just didn't work. It wasn't until I had fully developed and improved these problems that the actual typeface began to look like a unified font.

  • What would you change?- I think I would change the letterforms by perhaps making the shattered pieces of each letter slightly larger as it is slightly more difficult to see them at a small scale then if they were larger on the screen.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment