Tuesday 13 November 2012

Studio Brief: "Message & Delivary- Research" Posters Self Evaluation

Posters Self-Evaluation:


  • How did you approach the brief? - I approached the brief in an informed and focused way due to the fact that I had done thorough research into my subject matter therefore I could produce an informed opinion and present it to an audience. I wanted to communicate to the audience the reasons behind Cyclists Doping but I didn't want to do it in a way that would be too shocking or off putting for the wider audience so I constantly had that in the back of my mind when considering what design to do.  
  • What was your thought-process behind the brief? - My thought-process behind the brief was that I wanted to communicate properly to the audience and be able to put the opinion across to a person who doesn't know the story. Therefore, it was important for the work to be image driven as I knew that having the story encapsulated within one image with no type would be the hardest in regards to communication. 



  • What worked?/What was Good? -The unity and flow of my posters was what was good about my brief because I managed to encorpoate all the aspects neccessary within the poster, such as the type and image combining as one, therefore making sure that it works as a whole and isn't disconnected or disjointed.



  • What didn't work?/ What was Bad? -All of my Illustrator attempts at producing my posters were dire in regards to visual quality and skill as they didn't have an professional aesthetic to them. The only positive I can take from trying it out is that I used it as an oppotunity to practise using something I'm not very good at and try to improve.



  • What would you change?- I would perhaps change my image poster as I have tried ot contextualise it as best as I can but i'm not sure if a wider audience would get the message if they didn't know the context. Also, I didn't intend for the imagery to seem as morbid as it does with the use of the IV Tubing Blood Type. It's a great concept but maybe it would be an idea to develop it if I had the time. 
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment