Tuesday 13 November 2012

Context of Practise Progress Tutorial

For my Context of Practise Progress Tutorial, I met with Richard to discuss my Progress within the Context of Practise programme.

Copy of Tutorial Feedback Sheet

Issues Discussed at the Tutorial:
  • Avoid using the first person tense, such as using the word 'I' or terms like 'I Think...' as it makes the writing seem weak or unconfident even though it is clear that I understand the subject matter
  • Use quotes to back up your analysis
  • Avoid using a conversational tone 
  • Try to find more graphic-focused examples
  • Perhaps read "Graphic Design and Post Modernism" by R. Poyner
  • Extra Additional Work- Consider adding web links to lecture notes to show other research
  • Generally good Writing style
Student Action:
  • Consider going over Blog making improvements
Evaluation:
I think it would be beneficial to add in the extra research to strengthen my research within my blog and I will definately consider adding more quotes within my work as I hadn't even considered it beforehand. Also, I will try to stop using 'I'  and 'I Think' as I didn't know that it gave the impression that I was unsure or had a weak argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment