Wednesday 11 December 2013

Studio Brief 3: Designing for Print and Web Interim Crit

For the Crit, we were to discuss the Re-written Brief that we were to have produced for our chosen ISTD brief. If we had an initial ideas or designs, we had to show them as well.

Re-Written Brief
We were put into groups and we had to present out brief to the group. I also decided to discuss the initial ideas that I had and the idea I have decided to go with, which is of a seafood restaurant called Swash.

Any feedback that I got I had to record on a Crit Feedback Sheet.

Crit Feedback
The main piece of feedback I was given was to decide what area I was going to focus on, print or web. I had been finding it difficult to decide because I enjoyed doing web but I like making branding products so I hadn't decided yet. I spent a lot of my allotted time discussing with the group what they felt would be a better focus as I was quite torn and they felt that restaurant branding handed itself to print collateral.

The actual concept of the seafood restaurant the group found interesting and felt that I could play on that quite a bit. I had thought about maybe having an illustrated character for the kids menu so that they could identify with it and make it fun but they felt that if I did this, I would have to have that menu separate as it would take away from the sophistication of a middle class restaurant.

Based on the feedback given to me during my crit, I have decided to focus my attention on Print Collateral as I feel like there is a large array of ideas to work with for a restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment