Friday 19 October 2012

PPP1: Study Task 3- What Is Higher Education?


Following a Powerpoint discussing the different types of feedback we could get whilst we are in Higher Education, we were asked to make a set of lists:

The first list is a list of things I would like feedback on as an individual:
  • Layout & Style of the Content of my Blog 
  • Image References I use in my Blog
  • My contribution within Crits
Next, within our Blog Groups, we were asked to make a collective list of things we would all like Feedback on as a Group and how we could possibly get the Feedback we need:
  • Blogs- Have a template to follow?
  • Academic Writing- Student Support?
  • Time Management/ Keeping Up- Checklist? Look Up Other People's Blogs?
  • Quality/Quantity/Presentation- Professionalism?
  • Personal Development- Crits? Tutorial?
From that, we then made a Year Group list of things we all collectively want Feedback on:
  • Use of Blogs- Quantity, Content, Tagging, Organisation, Quality (Text and Images)
  • Pass Criteria/ Assessment Criteria- Knowing we have passed
  • Time Manangement/ Project Management- Have we done enough?
  • Academic Writing Skills
  • Critical Evaluation ( Yourself and Others)
  • Quality/Standard of Work
  • Design Decisions
  • Understanding Design Principles
  • Individual Improvement
  • Appropriateness of Brief Responses
We were then told that we had to judge each others Blogs and had to produce a list of 10 criteria to judge our Blogs on that we could all agree on:
  1. Do the Links Work?
  2. Is the Blog Up-To-Date?
  3. Quantity/ Is there a Substancial volume of Work?
  4. Quality of Design Practise work?
  5. Critical Evaluation of Own Work
  6. How well have they explained Themselves?
  7. Have they put Labels on there Posts?
  8. Is there a wide Range of Resources for Research?
  9. Presentation of Blog Itself- Consistant? Font Sizes?
  10. Critical Evaluation of Designers work and Why it's been Chosen
From these, we then indivudally selected 5 that were the most relevant to our Blogs. For me, I chose:
  1. How well have they explained themselves?
  2. Is there a wide range of Resources for research?
  3. Presentation of Blog itself
  4. Critical Evaluation of Own Work
  5. Quantity/ Is there a Substancial volume of Work?
I think these are the most relevant to my Blog in regards of things I need to know in reference to the content and layout of my Blog as that was what I had put down on my individual list of wanted Feedback.

For the 5 chosen questions, I will put them up as individual Blog posts and will have members of my Blog group comment on these questions in regards to my Blog. I will do the same on thier Blogs so that we have a network of Fedback to go from.

No comments:

Post a Comment