Friday 14 November 2014

OUGD603 Tutorial

I had a one to one tutorial with Nick where I had the chance to discuss the briefs that I had been working on so far.

I started off by talking about the brief that I had recently started and was currently working on which is my Kitty Collateral Brief. I showed him what I had been working on, with it being a work in progress with me just experimenting with imagery and type for a logo and that I am undecided with what to choose for a logo.
Logo Possibility
He asked me what it would be producing for the brief in regards to printed work and suggested that it would be a good idea to add more of a context to it, such as making the work for a Cat Hotel due to the handwritten script font that I had experimented with was reminiscent of a traditional American motel. This way, I could produce work for something as well as to sell for a brand. I loved the idea of a Cat Hotel as it was unique and a lot more imaginative.

Illustrations
Alongside the more imaginative side of the Cat Hotel concept, Nick felt that I should keep going with the illustrations that I had produced rather than the logo and develop them because they had more of a fun element and could produce a really nice pattern for the brand. Not only that but they had more of a personality than having a cat shape within the logo.

I went onto talking about my Parish brief as I had got a bit stuck with it. I discussed some of the reasons for my design decisions and he felt that I should narrow down the scope and scale of the brief, sticking to what I had already done for it and leaving it at that. He felt that I was starting to get a bit lost in it and that the brief could become continuous therefore I need to narrow down what I need to do and leave it. The only thing that I could consider doing was some identification for staff.  

I am going to work on the comments that he made, particularly those made about my Kitty Collateral brief so that I can move forward and quickly progress with it.

For the next time I speak to Nick, he would like to see both of the briefs having progressed and developed as well as speaking about the DSM Brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment