Wednesday 6 March 2013

Studio Brief: 'InDesign' Self-Evaluation

Crit:

From my tester piece, I was given the opportunity to get feedback via a Crit process that we had during Design Principles where we had to show any work we had done based on grids and layouts. We could show any work based on Design Principles that we would like getting feedback from. We left out a sheet which people could use to write some feedback anonymously. Each person needed 4 responses.

Display for Crit
From this, I gained anonymous and honest feedback in regards to what I had produced.

Crit Feedback
The main consensus was that I got positive feedback but I also got some welcome constructive criticism. The main points and only issue was about my lack of a Heading. Another interesting point that I hadn't noticed was that I have my paragraphs separated with a line between them and someone said to block them together to make it neater. Due to the fact that I hadn't thought or noticed this myself, I felt that I would react to this.

Self-Evaluation:
  • How did you approach the brief? - I was a bit pessimistic due to the fact that the last software induction based brief we had went very badly for me so I was quite apprehensive. I started off with a more visual approach, choosing to use a documentary, however I felt that it allowed me to connect more from the information being given.
  • What was your thought-process behind the brief? - The two main thought-process I had was based around my choice of audience and what layout I should do that would reflect the animal and audience. I wanted to make sure that I had written an interesting article and would reflect this in the presentation.
  • What worked?/What was Good? - I felt that the way I used a lot of experimentation within the brief was good as I covered a lot of areas, such as colour, font, layout and presentation. I felt that I exhausted all avenues to some degree and this experimentation only served to aid my design choices as they were quite informed. Also, it was good that I responded to the Crit in order to improve my design which it did.
  • What didn't work?/ What was Bad? - What was bad was the fact that I was very frustrated by the issue with headings as it seemed as though nothing seemed to go with the layout yet, I didn't want to have to force one onto my layout if it didn't work. If it wasn't for the feedback that I got from the feedback then I wouldn't have been able to produce one.
  • What would you change?- I would perhaps see about choosing other images to see if they would add to the article by shortening the amount of words used to make more space for images.

No comments:

Post a Comment