Friday 14 December 2012

Studio Brief: 'Typogateuax' Self- Evaluation

From making and producing the Typogateaux cakes themsleves, we presented them on tables with a registration card next to our cakes (See Pictures).





Typogateauxs Presented on Tables for Judging
I felt that there was a high standard of entries for Typogateaux and the wide range of ideas and interpretations shows how differently people approached the concept of presenting type and the imagination of the aesthetic appearance to do this.

Self-Evaluation:

  • How did you approach the brief? - I was quite imaginative and inventive with possible cake ideas as I came up with quite ambitious designs. I knew that I wanted to produce something that would be relevant but I wanted it to have context within itself.


  • What was your thought-process behind the brief? -  I knew from the brief that I needed to produce a solid idea that could be translated successfully from paper to a delicate physical media. I knew that this would be the hardest aspect of delivaring the brief successfully therefore it was my main thought-process when choosing ideas as the cake would have to be self-supporting and structured.


  • What worked?/What was Good? - What worked was the outcome of the cake itself. It came to life as it was being cut and decorated which was aided by the development of the aesthetics that I had produced beforehand. This meant that I had a plan as to the presentation of the idea and that I had an equal balance between communication and decoration.


  • What didn't work?/ What was Bad? -What didn't work was making the cake as I made several attempts to make these cakes and they all continued to concave in the middle or burn. The fact that I tried it out several times (in particular when I was testing some for primary research) meant that the eventually began to get better but it did mean that I had to be careful of the quality of my product.


  • What would you change?- I would probably change the final cake as I only included detailing (Type and Colour lines) on the front and top of the cakes due to the fact that I had run out of icing when making them therefore I would want to include the detail on all sides of the cake itself so that it is more consistant with the real physical object.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment