Sunday 9 December 2012

Studio Brief: 'How To...' Self / Group Evaluation

What roles did you take on in the group?

In the group, I took on the role of advertisement and promotion as I was the person who was delegated with the job of producing a poster advertisement in order to promote the road safety capaign that we were creating in order to fulfil the brief. This meant that everyone in the group that there own area to work on, working as a collaboration on a whole product rather than doing one single thing altogether.

How well do you think you performed in the role?

I think I performed very well in this role as I successfully managed to produce the neccessary outcome for the product itself. I came up with several intial ideas then developed them and presented them to my group. I constantly asked for feedback and help into how I could improve my posters. I came up with a good idea which I then ammended to fit in with the rest of the groups work and made it myself in a digital fashion.

How well do you think you worked as a group?

Perosnally, I felt we were a really good group who worked together in a successful way to produce a great collaboration in a supportive environment. We listened to everybodies point of view and ended up making decisions to suit individuals as well as compromises to suit the group project. Everyone pulled thier weight because each person was included in producing part of ther outcome.

What were the positives of working in a group?

What was positive about this project being with a group was that we were able to produce a large volume of work between us which then came together to make a final outcome. What was also positive was the array of expertise that we had in our group which meant that we were able to learn from one another, such as that some were good at computer work and some were good at ideas.

What were the negatives of working in a group?

The negatives of working in a group was that some people wern't available to come into college for various reasons on different days so we had to work around each other. This didn't hinder our progress or the project itself but it did mean that we had to consider group decisions without some people being included meaning that they wern't able to get as involved in the project as others were.

What will you do differently next time?

Next time, I would perhaps try and make even more variations of my poster, maybe making handout flyers or maybe even stickers that would advertise and promote the campaign even more. Another idea could be that I could make a magazine editorial or magazine advertisement for the campaign so it has endorsement fronm being featured in a national publication.

Where can you have improved your resolution?

As an individual, I would have improved my resolution by printing it in better quality and on a better stock in order to imporve the aesthetci quality of the poster print. In a way, it is more in keeping with the ideology of a mail shot by being printed on just a regular printer as that is how it would be done  in order to keep costs down for the campaign, however, in regards to being presented and being put in a public realm to promote the company, I would have quite liked to have it done in a better quality and stock. As a group, we could have perhaps done more to build and bulk up our campaign by adding more aspects to our product and maybe done some more primary research as a group.

What were the strengths of your presentation?

The strength of our presentation was that it was clear and direct with a specific message to give to our audience. This meant that we could easily explain where our ideas came from, the specific aspects of our product in detail and the overall final product itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment