Tuesday 11 December 2012

Studio Brief: 'Software Induction: Photoshop' Self-Evaluation

Self-Evaluation:


  • How did you approach the brief? - I approached the brief with enthusiasm based on the fact that we had previously had an induction due to the fact that I was wanting to try and put into practise what I had learnt. It was only as I was developing the brief that I was finding it more and more difficult to use and therefore began to feel negatively towards it. 



  • What was your thought-process behind the brief? -  My thought process was that I wanted a lot of my design based around the images that I created, which is why I put the most emphasis on the photographs. Another thought-process was the fact that I wanted it the whole set of the 5 photographs to be distinctly obvious as a set. They needed to work as a cohesive unit which is something that I continually thought about whilst producing my postcards, which I think is clearly evidenced.



  • What worked?/What was Good? - What worked was the photographs themselves that I took of the wheels. I took several series of photos for this brief in order to find the right objects and theme I wanted and I felt that I experimented with the concept and the photography a lot within this brief. What was also good was that they fill the requirements of the brief.



  • What didn't work?/ What was Bad? - What didn't work was the postcards when they had been printed. They look much better on screen then they do printed out. Not only that but my Photoshop skills were bad which effected the quality of the postcards that I produced. For my first attempt using this program, I still have much to learn in order to produce better quality works which are more experimental and imaginative but, towards the end, I was happy to have managed some basics.



  • What would you change?- I would maybe experiment with some other colour filters and adjustments just to see the effect it would have on my work. I did test some but I felt they were irrelevant and unappealing on these particular images so it might have been worth just testing some more out to see if they were any better.



  • No comments:

    Post a Comment