Friday 1 May 2015

PPP3: Contacting Something More Studio for DBA Placement

For winning the DBA brief, the members of the group had been told that we would be able to have a placement at any of the participating studios, however, after a while, we still hadn't heard anything back about it.

A few of us decided that we would instead contact the place that we wanted to go to in order to get a placement organised for after our college course.

I had decided very early on that I wanted to do a placement at Something More, the same studio who came to do the Ministry of Wonderful brief with us earlier in the year. The reason I wanted to do a placement there was that I knew that they had seen earlier in the year the work that I can produce when working independently as well as seeing that I can work in a group collaboration as well. This was important to me because I don't have a lot of confidence in my ability but I knew that they had seen what I can do before so this made me feel more comfortable with the idea of working with them. Not just this, but I liked the idea of having a placement in a small studio which is establishing itself and I liked the idea that I could be apart of this, as well as being in Duke Studios which means that I could see about getting more contacts whilst I was at my placement.






Correspondence with Jon at Something More
I was really excited when I got a reply back saying that they would like me to do my placement there as this is something that I have been struggling to get all year and now I feel as though all of my efforts to contact places as well as get involved in the college love briefs has been worth it. I would love to have the experience of working in a studio and feel that this would be a great place to do this. The fact that this is now something that has been organised for after college ends means that I have something to focus my design work towards as well as a plan of action for after college as well as continuing to try and contact places I have been to to organise placements with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment