Wednesday 23 April 2014

PPP2: Setting up a Behance Network Online Portfolio

I have been encouraged by some other members of the year group to upload some of my work onto a Behance Account. Naturally, I have no confidence in my work and don't feel comfortable with doing this. I am very apprehensive of the idea of people being able to view my work and will be judging it but, at the same time, I know that it is important to start trying to get my work out there and I decided that I will use this as there first step of doing this. This way, I can slowly get through this anxiety at a level which I may feel better about.

Not just this but Emily, Grace and myself would like to start contacting studios for visits as a group and would like to be able to have a link to our work to show them what we can do and currently, I don't have anything like this.



Setting up and Verification of my account







Adding work to my Account
From the verification, I added the latest piece of work that I had done for a brief which was my film poster, uploading the images and filling in the detail of the work including a copyright symbol. From learning about copyright within the PPP sessions, I felt that it was very important to include this so that I could keep all of the rights to the work whilst being able to put myself out there.

From this post, I instantly got 2 'appreciations' which I was told was the equivalent of a Facebook 'like'. I couldn't believe it that someone would think that my work would be good enough to like it. I was over the moon! So much so, boosted by this, I ended up putting the Collaborative YCN Brief I did up on there as well!

I am going to try and add to it now, especially with some of the deadlines coming up for finished work so that it is up to date and I can use it as a point of reference for any possible future clients.

Update: 

Since I made the Behance Account a few weeks ago, I have include 2 more projects on it and wish to add 2 more that I have previously worked on as well. 





Current Behance Portfolio
I currently have 4 pieces of work available to view with nearly 100 views of my work! Thats astounding as I never thought that people would look at my work! Not only that but I have had people 'appreciate' my work which gave me a confidence boost as well as have 14 people follow my work, with a good number of them not being from within college but around the world, mainly being Ukraine and the US. The fact that my work is being seen by these people who like what I do amazes me. 

From this, I hope to be able to use my account as a reference for people to check out my work in a more professional setting and perhaps even contact me for commissions. I am defiantly going to keep adding to it and keep it updated so that I can get the most out of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment